Chef, restaurateur and TV personality Mike Reid joins us to create the most delicious fried chicken burger – the perfect meal to make at home.
FRIED BUTTERMILK CHICKEN BURGERS
For more Cooking On 7 / Recipes related news and videos check out Cooking On 7 / Recipes >>
1 Chicken Thigh
3 Tbsp Buttermilk
4 Tbsp Plain Flour
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 Burger bun
1 Tbsp Pickled cucumber
1 Tbsp Shredded lettuce
1 Tbsp Kewpie mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Sriracha
- Mix the flour and spices together and dust your chicken. Pour Buttermilk over the chicken, coat evenly. Place in the fridge for at least one hour to marinade.
- Heat up your oil to 180 degrees celsius, but be sure not to over fill the pot you’re frying in.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and coat it in the same seasoned flour. Be sure to coat them evenly, covering any wet spots. They are now ready to fry.
- Fry one breast at a time depending on the size, keep frying until the chicken is golden brown and floating. Once they are done remove from the oil and place on a wire rack to crisp up, season with a bit of salt as they come out.
- Dry toast up your buns in a pan on medium heat.
- Now it’s time to assemble the burger and enjoy.
For more on Mike Reid, click here.