A teenage boy has been pulled from Sydney Harbour after falling overboard from a ferry.
The 19-year-old had been travelling from Manly to Circular Quay with friends when he went overboard just after 7.30pm on Saturday about 200m west of North Head.
See the moment the boy was spotted in the water in the video player above
Watch the latest News on Channel 7 or stream for free on 7plus >>
The teen managed to turn on his phone’s flashlight, allowing staff to locate him and, a short time later, he was thrown a lifejacket and pulled back on board the vessel.
Following the incident, officers attached to Marine Area Command attended Circular Quay wharf.
NSW Police said the teen was not injured and didn’t require medical treatment.
Transport Minister David Elliott said ferry staff should be applauded for having “saved somebody’s life”.
“That’s what they’re trained to do, they do it without any question of their own safety, and they should be applauded,” he told reporters.
“I’ll be making sure that they get the appropriate accolades
“If it’s rough seas and you’re a bit unsteady on your legs, maybe sit inside the ferry.”