Catherine Princess of Wales: Kate Middleton’s ‘unprecedented’ two-month absence after surgery sparks confusion

A royals expert has publicly expressed confusion over why the world hasn’t seen or heard from Catherine, the Princess of Wales, in more than two months.

Since a January announcement that Kate had gone into hospital for “planned” abdominal surgery, she has completely disappeared from public life.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: King Charles, Kate Middleton discharged from hospital.

Stream the world’s best reality, entertainment and true-crime shows free on 7plus

About the same time, it was revealed that her father-in-law, King Charles III, had been diagnosed with cancer and was undergoing treatment.

As a result, Prince William has stepped into the breach to take on more official duties, but his wife is nowhere to be seen — and apparently won’t be until after Easter.

While King Charles has been upfront about his cancer diagnosis, the Princess of Wales’ current state of health is essentially unknown.

All the public knows about the mother-of-three’s condition is that it has something to do with her abdomen.

The last time Kate was seen in public was on Christmas Day last year, when she attended a church service with William and their children, George, Louis and Charlotte.

Author Rachel Hawkins took to social media on Monday to note how unusual it was that so little is known about Kate’s wellbeing at the moment.

Noting that she did “not want to speculate about a woman’s health online,” Hawkins noted that “everything that is happening with Kate M is indeed very, very weird … unprecedented, even.”

Confusion abounds as Catherine, Princess of Wales hasn’t been seen in public since Christmas Day. Credit: Getty

“We’re at 2 months since anyone has seen her,” Hawkins wrote.

“We’re not even getting … ‘I appreciate the well-wishes’ statements from her.

“(Note that we HAVE gotten solo statements from William under his personal standard. Anything about her has been under the joint [Prince and Princess of Wales] banner).”

In contrast, Charles has issued several public statements thanking people for their support as he begins cancer treatment.

Hawkins, whose books include Royals and Her Royal Highness, added that she didn’t think Kate’s silence was due to anything “nefarious”.

But she did describe the lack of communication about Kate’s wellbeing as extremely odd, saying the lack of information supplied to the curious public was “very mishandled all the way around”.

Catherine, Princess of Wales was reportedly ‘doing well’ in hospital following ‘successful’ abdominal surgery. Credit: Getty

She also inferred that the British press would not be keeping the situation quiet if the person in question was Meghan Markle.

“(It’s) pretty striking that apparently you CAN tell the British press to stand down, and they will if the princess you’re trying to protect isn’t Black,” she wrote.

Hawkins added that it would be easy for the Wales’ “team” to issue “soft” statements without giving too much detail away — but not even that is happening.

“And Charles IS doing that kind of thing, so the contrast is striking,” she said.

The lack of information, of course, has lead to all sorts of speculation.

One person said Kate’s illness must be “something where they can’t risk people seeing her or her being somewhere she can’t be managed … there’s just no way that they wouldn’t have released pictures or had her post or something by now.”

“That’s all I can think,” Hawkins agreed.

The statement released by Kensington Palace revealed that Kate’s abdominal surgery took place at The London Clinic in Marylebone.

No details were given about the surgery, only that the condition was “non-cancerous”.

Prince William, Prince of Wales seen leaving The London Clinic after visiting Catherine, Princess of Wales on January 18, 2024 in London. Credit: Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images

“The Princess of Wales appreciates the interest this statement will generate,” the statement said.

“She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible, and her wish that her personal medical information remains private.”

All the public knows is that Catherine was apparently “doing well” after the surgery and was now recovering at her home in Windsor.

“The Princess of Wales has returned home to Windsor to continue her recovery from surgery,” Kensington Palace said in a brief statement.

“She is making good progress.

“The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided.

“The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well-wishes they have received from around the world.”

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Secular Times is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – seculartimes.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Comment